Declaring Your Spanish Major

This involves the following 2 steps:

  1. Petition for a dual degree by filing the petition form with the registrar’s office website under forms. are available from the Registrar’s Office, the Office of Undergraduate Programs in Engineering, and the CLAS Academic Services Center. This is necessary because you receive two degrees from two different schools, the BSE/BS from the School of Engineering, the BA from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (of which Spanish is a part).
  2. Please stop by the Literatures, Cultural and Language Department office in Oak Hall 207 to declare your major and ask for Linda Mellen or Mary Smith. You do not need to make an appointment. Linda or Mary will give you a major declaration form and assign you an academic advisor. It is important that you also schedule a meeting with your advisor. To do this, please go to your advisor’s office hours, which are listed on our web-site, or call or send him or her an e-mail asking for an appointment.

After meeting with your advisor, majors can be declared electronically at the following website: They are entered by CLAS and once on a student’s record, confirmation email will be sent. From there, student may submit a final plan of study.

Towards the end of your program, at the latest in the first two weeks of your second-to-last semester at UConn  you will have to see your Spanish advisor again to complete your final Plan of Study. All Plans of Study are now integrated into Student Admin. This ensures that you have completed the General Education requirements of the School of Engineering and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the requirements for your Spanish major.